Saturday 29 September 2012

On visiting Bristol's Botanic Gardens

Spent a glorious few hours today at the Botanic Gardens in Bristol. One of the last sunny days in autumn the light today was beautifully soft and I wandered round enjoying the Chinese Medicinal Herb Garden and the Western Herb Garden as well as chatting to the volunteer information officer there who used to be a primary school teacher.

Amazing statistics stayed in my head such as the fact that at least seventy per cent of the world's population rely on medicinal plants for primary health care. On one level I wished I had my camera with me, but then again not everything needs to be photographed, does it? And I'm still on some sort of philosophical, historical and geographical trip in my head about all the plants that I'm seeing and what they signify. Such an important sense of place.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments here. Thanks.