Thursday 25 December 2008

Christmas Day Vegetables

After the lights went out around 8.p.m last night due to a fault (no chance of getting anyone out until Boxing Day) and I woke up to a blocked sink I admit Christmas stress started to get to me...

My three year old daughter and her beautiful smile saved the day. Looking at her I feel humbled, she is still totally happy with quite simple things.

Oh and then there's the prospect of fresh organically grown vegetables for Christmas dinner.

What's on the menu?

- A little home grown Giant Winter Spinach.
- Leeks (we have enough to last until February)
- Brussel Sprouts reared in pots
- Fresh Sage for Sage and Onion Stuffing
- Potato Dauphinoise with plenty of home grown garlic from the store

Didn't grow the carrots in the picture, great colour though. Maybe next year.
Enjoy yours and Happy Christmas all.

2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year wishes to you and yours Q, and a successful season on you plot Interested in sprouts grown in pots - what size did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year wishes to you Jacqui and good gardening.
    Re: Sprouts in pots - I used builder's buckets - made holes in the bottom with a knitting needle. Very cheap from my local DIY store, although not particularly glam.
    Growing them on bokashi'ed kitchen waste worked quite well.

    ReplyDelete

Comments here. Thanks.